We are almost to the number one spot! In the runners-up position at number 2 of the top 5 country themed hotels in Las Vegas we have the Egyptian themed hotel and casino, Luxor.
#5 ASIA DEPOSITIONS: Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
#4 CARIBBEAN DEPOSITIONS: Tropicana, Las Vegas
#3 OCEANIA DEPOSITIONS: The Mirage, Las Vegas
#2 MIDDLE EAST: Luxor
- The hotel is named after the city of Luxor (ancient Thebes) in Egypt and is the sixth-largest hotel in Las Vegas and the ninth-largest in the world.
- Ground was broken for the Luxor in March 1992 and the resort officially opened at 4 AM on October 13, 1993, to a crowd of 10,000 people.
- The main pyramid-shaped structure was built at 75 percent to scale of the Great Pyramid of Giza. There are also two additional ziggurat-inspired black-glass towers.
- The entrance between the two towers is framed by stone columns that replicate those found at the ancient Karnak Temple Complex, north of Luxor, Egypt.
- When the resort opened, it featured the Nile River Tour which was a river ride that carried guests to different parts of the pyramid and passed by pieces of ancient artwork on a river that encircled the casino. The casino also featured King Tut’s Tomb and Museum, a duplicate of King Tutankhamen’s tomb as found in the Valley of the Kings near Luxor, Egypt.
Quick guide for depositions in the Middle East
|Country||U.S. Depositions Permitted||Venue||More Info|
|Israel||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterisrael.com|
|Kuwait||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||Depositions in Kuwait – What You Can and Can’t Do|
|Turkey||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||Taking Voluntary Depositions of Willing Witnesses in Turkey|
|UAE||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterdubai.com|
Facebook Live: International Depos 101
President and CEO, Ian Hardy, will also be conducting a must-attend seminar on international depositions, International Depositions 101, at the NCRA Convention and Expo on Friday from 11:30am-1pm. If you are a court reporter interested in adding international depositions to your service list, you won’t want to miss Ian’s seminar. For those who won’t be at the convention, we will be streaming the seminar live on our Facebook channel!! Don’t miss your chance to find out everything you need to know about international depos.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services: