We have reached the number one spot in our top 5 country themed hotels in Vegas, which means it is almost time for the NCRA Convention & Expo. We couldn’t choose between these two amazing hotels, so we gave them both the top honor, Paris & Venetian.
#5 ASIA DEPOSITIONS: Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
#4 CARIBBEAN DEPOSITIONS: Tropicana, Las Vegas
#3 OCEANIA DEPOSITIONS: The Mirage, Las Vegas
#2 MIDDLE EAST DEPOSITIONS: Luxor, Las Vegas
#1 EUROPE: Paris & Venetian
- Paris Las Vegas opened on September 1, 1999, with fireworks being shot from the Eiffel Tower. French actress Catherine Deneuve flipped a switch, turning on all of Paris’ lights, including the various crystal chandeliers in the main lobby.
- The hotel features not-quite-full-size replicas of the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and a remake of the Hotel de Ville, as well as facades of the Paris Opera House and the Louvre.
- Original plans for the Eiffel Tower called for a full-scale replica, however that would have interfered with the nearby McCarran Airport and designers therefore reduced it to approximately 1:2 scale. The back legs of its Eiffel Tower actually come down through the ceiling into the casino floor.
- Inside the hotel you can find a reproduction of the Alexander III Bridge that spans the casino and cobblestone streets of Le Boulevard.
- The 5,030-room Venetian is an enormous and extravagant tribute to Venice, Italy, complete with gondola rides and a replica of Saint Mark’s Square.
- The frescoed and gilded ceilings, gold paint, and serenading accordionists in the lobby make you feel that you’ve been transported to Venice. The ornate Baroque lobby is also perpetually filled with the hotel’s trademark floral perfume scent.
- In Saint Mark’s Square, there are six theater performances a day, involving elaborate costuming, classic Italian song, and sometimes even a man on stilts. Living statues are visible throughout the day and they don’t even flinch when you leave them a dollar.
Quick guide for depositions in Europe
|Country||U.S. Depositions Permitted||Venue||More Info|
|Belgium||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterbelgium.com|
|France||Yes, with restrictions||U.S. citizens can be deposed at a hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility. For depositions of French citizens and third country nationals, depositions must take place on the Consulate or Embassy premises.||courtreporterfrance.com|
|Germany||Yes, with restrictions||all depos must take place on the U.S. Consulate grounds in Frankfurt||courtreportergermany.com|
|Italy||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporteritaly.com|
|Netherlands||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporternetherlands.com|
|Spain||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterspain.com|
|Sweden||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreportersweden.com|
|Switzerland||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterswitzerland.com|
|United Kingdom||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterengland.com|
Facebook Live: International Depos 101
President and CEO, Ian Hardy, will also be conducting a must-attend seminar on international depositions, International Depositions 101, at the NCRA Convention and Expo on Friday from 11:30am-1pm. If you are a court reporter interested in adding international depositions to your service list, you won’t want to miss Ian’s seminar. For those who won’t be at the convention, we will be streaming the seminar live on our Facebook channel!! Don’t miss your chance to find out everything you need to know about international depos.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services: