Note: This article was written in 2017 and has been updated with more detailed information.
In our latest video in the International Deposition Tips series, Kimberlee Castro, Director of Scheduling, guides you through taking a deposition and getting a local court reporter in Ireland. If you need to organize a deposition in Ireland, this video has amazing insider knowledge and is a great way to get started.
Best Practices to Scheduling a Deposition in Ireland
- In general, you can depose willing witnesses in Ireland without any special formalities or involvement of foreign courts.
- Depositions in Ireland can take place at the venue of your choosing, whether that be a hotel room, law firm office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility.
- Optima Juris has locally-based court reporters for depositions in Ireland, that means no, to very low travel costs for you and your client.
- Give yourself a minimum of 4 weeks to plan. The further you plan ahead, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to locate and book the right professionals for your deposition.
- Options: Should the attorney attend the depo in-person or remotely? Thanks to better internet connectivity worldwide and the rise of web-based video conferencing programs, many new options have arisen for conducting international depositions. Although it is always best (and highly recommended) to have all parties present with the witness for the most reliable and clearest record, there are several different cost effective approaches that can also be taken. We highly recommend reading our blog article, International Depositions: What Are Your Options to see which choice best fits your firm.
- Booking Locally-based Deposition Court Reporters in Ireland. The final key for a successful deposition in Ireland is finding the perfect deposition services for your firm. A locally-based court reporter or depo team means little to no travel costs for your clients. Plus, they can provide an expertise that can’t be duplicated. It’s a win-win situation!
- Feel free to visit our website to see our latest blog posts and videos particularly concerning, ‘Administering the Oath’.
- Need to schedule a deposition in a different country? Please visit our YouTube video playlist, ‘International Deposition Tip Series’.
Make Sure To Download Our Exclusive International Depo Guide for Ireland
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services:
Tags: Ireland court reporters, deposition court reporters in Ireland