We are counting down the days until we see our friends and colleagues in Las Vegas for the NCRA Convention & Expo. In honor of our trip, we are featuring the top five country themed hotels in Las Vegas and also giving tips on depositions in those countries. To kick us off at number 5 we have the Asian-themed hotel, Mandarin Oriental.
#5 ASIA: Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas holds the AAA Five Diamond Award and is one of only eight triple Forbes Five-Star hotels in the United States.
- Opening on December 5, 2009, the hotel was designed entirely by interior designer Adam D. Tihany and architecture firm Kohn Pedersen Fox.
- 392 rooms feature Asian-inspired touches which are unique to the hotel (no two Mandarin Orientals look alike)
- The hotel is deliberately scaled-back so guests can enjoy its features in a zen-like atmosphere.
- The public areas have Asian-influenced decor, incredible one-of-a-kind artwork and some of the best views in Las Vegas thanks to floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the hotel.
- A sprawling two-story, Shanghai-themed spa offers services influenced by traditional Asian therapies mixed with modern technology, including a Chinese foot spa.
Quick guide for depos in Asia
|Country||U.S. Depositions Permitted||Venue||More Info|
|China||No||The best solution is to have your witness travel from mainland China to Hong Kong (or a nearby Asian country like Singapore if more convenient), and take your deposition there.||Depositions in China: Are they possible?|
|Hong Kong||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreportinghongkong.com|
|India||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterindia.com|
|Japan||Yes; with restrictions||all depositions must take place at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo or the U.S. Consulate in Osaka||courtreporterjapan.com|
|Philippines||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterphilippines.com|
|Singapore||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreportersingapore.com|
|South Korea||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreportersouthkorea.com|
|Taiwan||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreportertaiwan.com|
|Thailand||Yes||hotel room, law office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility||courtreporterthailand.com|
Facebook Live: International Depos 101
President and CEO, Ian Hardy, will also be conducting a must-attend seminar on international depositions, International Depositions 101, at the NCRA Convention and Expo on Friday from 11:30am-1pm. If you are a court reporter interested in adding international depositions to your service list, you won’t want to miss Ian’s seminar. For those who won’t be at the convention, we will be streaming the seminar live on our Facebook channel!! Don’t miss your chance to find out everything you need to know about international depos.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services: