New Zealand a beautiful and charming island is a perfect destination for a US deposition. There are no restrictions as long as your witness is willing to appear. View or download our handy six step guide on everything you need to know about scheduling a court reporter in New Zealand.
Hiring Court Reporters in New Zealand
1. Are their any deposition restrictions in New Zealand? Good news – taking US depositions in New Zealand is permissible and in general, you can depose willing witnesses in New Zealand without any special formalities or involvement of foreign courts.
2. Where can the deposition be taken? Depositions in New Zealand can take place at the venue of your choosing, whether that be a hotel, law firm office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility.
3. How far in advance should you schedule your deposition? Give yourself a minimum of 2 weeks to plan. The further you plan ahead, the more likely it is that you will be able to locate and book the right professionals for your deposition.
4. Covid-19 Deposition Options: What are my options if I need to schedule a deposition while travel restrictions are in place? Thanks to better internet connectivity worldwide and the rise of web-based video conferencing programs, many new options have arisen for conducting international depositions. Although it is always best (and highly recommended) to have all parties present with the witness for the most reliable and clearest record, there are several different cost effective approaches that can also be taken. We highly recommend reading our blog article, International Deposition Options During Covid-19 Travel Bans to see which choice best fits your firm.
5. Travel tips for New Zealand.
- Visa Requirements – Attorney(s) with US passport may enter New Zealand for up to 90 days for tourist or business purposes without a visa.
- Closer than you think! The average flight time is 13 hours, about the same time it takes to get to Europe from the West Coast.
- Major Airport – Auckland, Auckland International Airport, AKL
6. Book a Locally-based Deposition Court Reporter in New Zealand. The final key for a successful deposition in New Zealand is finding the perfect deposition services for your firm. A locally-based court reporter or depo team means little to no travel costs for your clients. Plus, they can provide an expertise that can’t be duplicated. It’s a win-win situation!
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 20 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services:
Tags: New Zealand court reporters