Looking to set up a deposition in Israel for a U.S. court case? Want to know what you can and can’t do? Our amazing Director of Scheduling and CSR, Kimberlee Castro, walks you through the legalities for how to set up a U.S. deposition in Israel.
- Israel is a signatory to the Hague Evidence Convention, which in general, means you can depose willing witnesses without any special formalities or involvement of foreign courts. For more please read our blog article Taking Voluntary Depositions of Willing Witnesses in Israel.
- Depositions in Israel can take place at the venue of your choosing, whether that be a hotel room, conference room, or videoconferencing facility.
- Always be sure to plan as far in advance as possible. The further you plan ahead, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to locate and book the right Israel-based professional for your deposition.
- Feel free to visit our website to see our latest blog posts and videos particularly concerning, ‘Administering the Oath.’.
- Need to schedule a deposition in a different country? Please visit our YouTube video playlist, ‘International Deposition Tip Series’.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services: