Welcome to another installment of our International Deposition Tips. This week Ian Hardy, CEO & President of Optima Juris, simplifies the ins and outs of scheduling a deposition in the Caribbean. If you are an attorney, paralegal, or legal professional looking to organize a deposition in the Caribbean, we recommend starting with this video.
- In general, you can depose willing witnesses in the Caribbean without any special formalities or involvement of foreign courts.
- Depositions in the Caribbean can take place at the venue of your choosing, whether that be a hotel room, law firm office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility.
- Popular locations for depositions in the Caribbean include Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, and Dominican Republic.
- Optima Juris has local, English-speaking court reporters throughout the Caribbean, which means no, to very low travel costs for you and your client.
- Always be sure to plan as far in advance as possible. The further you plan ahead, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to locate and book the right Caribbean-based professional for your deposition.
- Feel free to visit our website to see our latest blog posts and videos particularly concerning, ‘Administering the Oath’.
- Need to schedule a deposition in a different country? Please visit our YouTube video playlist, ‘International Deposition Tip Series’.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services: