Ian Hardy, President of Optima Juris, walks you through the legalities for setting up a U.S. deposition in Singapore. If you are a lawyer, paralegal, or legal professional looking to organize a deposition in Singapore, you will want to read this.
- Singapore is a party to the Hague Evidence Convention and has excluded the application of Chapter II of the Convention. Therefore, consular depositions or depositions conducted pursuant to a commission are not permitted. Depositions may be taken pursuant to letters of request submitted directly to the Singapore Central Authority for the Convention.
- After permission has been granted, depositions in Singapore can take place at the venue of your choosing, whether that be a hotel, law firm office, conference room, or videoconferencing facility.
Local Court Reporters
- Optima Juris has local court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters in Singapore, which means little to no travel costs for you.
- Always be sure to plan as far in advance as possible. The further you plan ahead, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to locate and book the right, Singapore-based professional for your deposition.
- Feel free to visit our website to see our latest blog posts and videos particularly concerning, ‘Administering the Oath.’.
Optima Juris’ International Deposition Guide for Singapore
This easy-to-use guide covers frequently asked questions, tips on how to swear in a witness abroad, best options for deposing a witness remotely, a user-friendly checklist, and travel tips.
To access your copy, please visit http://www.optimajuris.com/International-Depo-Guide-Singapore.pdf.
Looking for a different country? Stopover in our Info Center to access all of our country-specific deposition guides.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 19 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services: