We’re coming at you with another segment of our International Deposition Tips. In this episode Ian Hardy, CEO and President of Optima Juris, highlights the legalities of setting up an international deposition or arbitration in Switzerland.
- Taking voluntary depositions in Switzerland is subject to prior authorization by the Federal Department of Justice, according to the U.S. Department of State. But don’t worry, Optima Juris has been conducting depositions and arbitrations in Switzerland for over 17 years and we are here to help find the best solutions for your firm.
- Optima Juris has local court reporters, legal videographer, and interpreters in Switzerland, that means no, to very low travel costs for you and your client.
- Always be sure to plan as far in advance as possible. The further you plan ahead, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to locate and book the right Swiss-based professional for your deposition.
- Feel free to visit our website to see our latest blog posts and videos particularly concerning, ‘Administering the Oath.’.
- Need to schedule a deposition in a different country? Please visit our YouTube video playlist, ‘International Deposition Tip Series’.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Follow us on social media for news, advice, info, and tips about international court reporters, interpreters, and language services: