Our bags are packed and we are heading to London to participate in the 2nd Annual BIVR Awareness Weekend. Optima Juris Director of Scheduling and CSR, Kimberlee Castro, will be broadcasting the event for you live as it happens! You won’t want to miss a minute of the action. Simply follow Optima Juris on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, or Twitter to receive live updates on presentations, Facebook live video coverage, and summaries of the cool events.
Some highlights that you may get to see live include:
- a walking tour of Legal London and the Inns of Court
- a Friday night soiree in the pub which stands atop the tunnels and vaults of the old Bank of England where dastardly deeds were once committed below ground
- presentations/speeches from some big names in the business
- cruising up and down the River Thames whilst partaking in a very British afternoon tea
- the London Exposition at the prestigious Law Society on Monday, July 31
What is the BIVR?
The British Institute of Verbatim Reporters is the leading organization for verbatim reporters in the UK. BIVR members work in many spheres of the law such as the High Court, Crown Courts, tribunals, and inquiries. They write machine shorthand using Stenograph, a variety of Palantype system machines, or Pitman handwritten shorthand.
BIVR members work with deaf and deafened people as Speech-to-Text communication supporters. BIVR encourages real-time skills which are used extensively in complex cases. Television subtitling is also carried out by some of their members. BIVR has a long and rich history. It is the successor organization to the Institute of Shorthand Writers, incorporated as long ago as 1887.
About Optima Juris
Optima Juris (http://www.optimajuris.com) is the only U.S. agency exclusively dedicated to international depositions. We have been helping law offices across the globe find the highest-quality certified court reporters, legal videographers, and interpreters for over 17 years. If you should have any questions about international depositions, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out a free quote to see how we can make your international deposition a complete success.
Latest posts by Catherine Beeny (see all)
- Attorneys, Legal Secretaries and Paralegals Rejoice: Optima Juris Releases ‘International Depo Guide: How to Schedule a Deposition in Germany’ - February 21, 2018
- What’s the outlook for court reporting in 2018?Get the scoop with Optima Juris’ Live Coverage of the NCRA Firm Owners Conference Jan 28-30 - January 17, 2018
- 18 Things You Should Know about International Depositions in 2018 - January 11, 2018